Friday, April 8th 2016 Uncategorised
‘What’s in my bag’ posts are always fascinating to me, and it’s been a really long time since I did one so I decided to show you what’s in my travel bag! By the time you read this I will be in Melbourne, visiting one of my best friends and attending as many comedy shows as we possibly can. The flight is only about four hours, but I still need to bring a fair few things with me since I’ll be travelling for most of the day. These items include beauty products, of course, and I’ll go into detail as to what beauty essentials make the cut for my travel bag.
First up, the essential but not so interesting items:
- Reading glasses
- Notebook from Typo & Kikki K pen
- Kindle – case from eBay
- Wallet and coin purse
- Medication purse
- Passport and documents holder
- iPhone (in heavy duty case since the terrible smashing incident of a few weeks ago) and headphones
- Case with my blog business cards
- Nalgene water bottle, to fill up once I’ve passed through security.
- SweetLeaf Water Drops, Strawberry Kiwi – I’m a bit fussy about how tap water tastes so I like these to add a bit of flavour without any sugar. I bought this from iHerb.com
- Body Glide for her anti-chafing balm – I’m not entirely sure how this differentiates from normal Body Glide but it’s top notch. Perfect for walking all around the city.
- Dove deodorant
- Hand sanitiser, watermelon scented.
- Eye drops
- MAC Syrup lipstick
- MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick
- Living Nature lip hydrator
- Essence powder*
I usually have at least five lipsticks in my handbag, but I decided to pare things back for this trip. I chose two of my most frequently worn lipsticks, MAC Syrup and MAC Velvet Teddy (full review here). As well as lipstick, I needed a good moisturising balm and Living Nature Lip Hydrator has been delivering that for me lately. Pressed powder is also a handbag essential, to keep makeup looking fresh for long travelling days.
- Fold up hairbrush and mirror – I never go anywhere without one of these, it always comes in handy.
- The Body Shop Mineral Powder blotting tissues – necessary for keeping oil at bay.
- EcoTools Kabuki Brush – this has a handy lid, and I love the brush so much that I also have a second one I keep at home. Available to buy from iHerb.com
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve* – this hand cream reminds me a little bit of Neutrogena Norweigan formula which I used to love, but it spreads more easily and is less sticky. I was sent this quite a while ago from Kiehl’s (bad blogger, I know, but it’s hard to keep up with everything!) and I have been loving using it. I can even use it at work and not have my hands sliding all around the keyboard which is a real bonus.
Most of the things I take with me on the plane go in my handbag which I bought from Colette a few years ago. My other bag is my laptop bag, and by laptop bag I mean an old Priceline gift with purchase bag. Usually I add a trashy magazine at the airport, most often something like That’s Life because I love doing the puzzles.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at what I pack in my travel bag! Is there anything you always make sure to take with you? I’ve been instagramming up a storm while here in Melbourne, follow me @lenatalksbeauty.