My stepsister Raquel is the queen of long lasting makeup. As a flight attendant, she has to look good for long trips, and she also makes her makeup look great for big nights out on the town. I’ve asked her some questions, to help you all in your quest to have your makeup look perfect for a long time – and for my own benefit too! I want to know her secrets and top tips for long lasting makeup.
Lena: What foundation and base products do you use?
Raquel: I use Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation, Mac Pro long wear concealer and Mac Mineralise skin finish powder. To keep it staying on long, it’s down to the Beauty Blender and Mac brushes I use – they are the MAC 128 powder brush, and the 129 blush brush. I blend my foundation with the Beauty Blender, using circles then stippling over top. So once I have a thick base then I lighten it up with lots of powders. I love using my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette to highlight, and also Mac Mineralise in Soft and Gentle, then Mac Mineralise blush.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – Strawberry Net or Nordstrom
- MAC products – MAC counters, or maccosmetics.com, and you can use youshop to get it to NZ.
- Beauty Blender – Sephora NZ, Sephora AU or Sephora USA
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette – Mecca Cosmetica or Sephora
- Benefit They’re Real eyeliner and mascara – Sephora AU or Sephora NZ, plus Benefit counters.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow – Sephora AU and Sephora NZ or Sephora USA
You can keep up with Raquel’s globetrotting adventures on instagram – I’m always envious of the gorgeous places she goes to, like Hawaii in the photo above.