This month I have an absolutely bumper empties post, since I tidied my makeup table and did a bit of a clean up of my collection. Many of these aren’t actually empty, but they’re going in the bin all the same so they deserve to be in this post. There are a whopping 25 items, so I won’t be going through all of them individually – I’ll focus on the full size products that I’ve actually finished – so let’s get into it!
Up first, three products that I actually finished!
- Lush Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion – smells amazing, the big bottle lasted for ages too. Will repurchase it sometime in the future.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment – This may be the first time I’ve ever finished a lip balm, I’m so proud of this achievement. I got it as a Sephora birthday gift, is a nice balm but not for $22 USD – I’ll stick to Burt’s Bees.
- Matrix Biolage Aqua Immersion Creme Masque – this is a really nice hair mask I used once a week, and if I knew where to buy it in NZ, I would be rushing out to get it! Will have to repurchase when I’m next in Australia.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid – I’m a fan of the BHA lotion but the liquid is annoying as you have to use a cotton pad with it. Will stick to using the lotion, or Stridex pads since it’s an all-in-one.
- Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub – This was a decent scrub but a bit too rough for my skin.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – I love this! It was so moisturising and my skin just drank it all up. I’m not even sure where I got this from, do we have FAB in NZ?
This is the grouping I shall call ‘old makeup that I haven’t finished but also never use’.
The lip products like the Lancome Juicy Tube, and the MIKI lipstick are just beyond old, I’ve probably had them 5+ years and never wear them, so to the bin they go. The Chi Chi glosses are lip plumping and I hate the way they tingle, so BIN. EOS balm, no idea why these are so raved about, this was actually kind of drying. ELF eyebrow kit, I loved you, but I’ve moved to bigger and better things. Rough old kabuki brush, you’ve done your dash, goodbye.
I think just looking at these tells you why they’re being tossed. I could possibly rescue the Revlon polish with thinner and patience, but I just don’t care enough. The Sally Hansen nourishing nail polish didn’t really nourish my nails (why am I surprised, nails are already dead) and it’s all old and gloopy.
- Bioelixia Body Shaper Stretch Mark Diminishing Cream – I got this in a subscription box, and my expectations that it would fix my stretchmarks were low. I was right, it did nothing. Will stick to using Rosehip Oil.
- Deseo by Jennifer Lopez Body Lotion – I have no idea where or when I got this, but I don’t really like the smell.
- Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover – There’s nothing bad about this, but I have other products I like better, like Trilogy Makeup Removal Balm, and it was just taking up space. I might repurchase, but not likely.
Phew – finally made it to the end! I definitely could do more culling in my collection, so keep an eye out for next month’s empties post. Have you tried any of these products? If so, let me know what you thought of them in the comments section!