Being a single 24 year old who loves a good night out, I sometimes find myself unexpectedly staying the night somewhere, and so I need to have some essentials with me for those nights. If I’m going to be sleeping on a couch or something, the least I need is a well stocked handbag. I generally carry around a lot of beauty
products anyway, so some of them aren’t additional, but I’m going to list them all because they come in handy so often.
These are my bare minimum beauty essentials for an unexpected overnight stay:
- A mini pack of makeup remover wipes. I intend to use these at night, but let’s be realistic, these are more likely going to be used in the morning.
- Sample size facial cleanser and moisturiser – having a fresh face makes me feel so much less gross or hungover, and ready to face the day! Currently these are ZA True White Cleansing Foam and Neutrogena HydroBoost.
- Mini deodorant and perfume – I have a mini deodorant from Kmart (great for travel size items) as well as a perfume sample to freshen up a bit. The perfume sample I’m using at the moment is Nicki Minaj – Minajesty.
- Hairbrush and hair tie – a bun is the ideal way to deal with a bad case of bed head.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste – again, making use of samples, in this case from my dentist. Alternatively, gum/mints but that’s really not quite the same.
- Lip balm, hand sanitiser – both are everyday handbag essentials for me, but it bears repeating anyway.
Now this next item is less for if I’m crashing after a party, and more like if a date goes particularly well! Condoms – total essential for both contraception and STI prevention. My motto is better have them and not need them, and need them and not have them. Also, if you take the pill in the morning, bring that with you, as well as any other regular medications you might be on.
Some other items which I probably would include, but I wouldn’t prioritise packing are some makeup, and dry shampoo. Pictured below is a mini Batiste dry shampoo, as well as a nice neutral lipstick from Collection NZ, an Essence pressed powder, and my trusty EcoTools kabuki brush.
There are a multitude of other things that could be included in this, like spare underwear, foldable ballet flats, phone charger – I actually have a portable charger I always have with me, sunglasses (ditto), but my handbag already weighs a ton so I have to draw the line somewhere!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Durex